or 6 weekly payments from $158.33 learn more
Original painting AVAILABLE, oil painting on canvas, 1200 x 1800mm, 2008. Contact us to enquire about the original.
Print sizes and editions
- Regular archival paper - 520 x 780mm (limited to 275)
- Large archival paper - Available on request (limited to 195)
- Extra large canvas - Available on request (limited to 175)
Your unique limited edition fine art print
- Sofia Minson creates your exclusive signed print
- Free NZ shipping, $49 International shipping
- Your artwork arrives rolled, ready to be framed - do you need help? Request framing guidance
The story of The Streets
This little boy could be from so many places in the world. Sofia met him basking in the sun on the side of the road in 2008 during her travels to Tbilisi, Georgia in Eastern Europe. The way he lay there serenely observing the world, reminded her so much of the relaxed lifestyle of rural Maori kids back home in New Zealand. Whenever she visits her Ngati Porou homeland on the East Cape of the North Island during summer, Sofia encounters similar chilled out local kids watching the odd car go by or waiting to do bombs off the side of the bridge into the river.
To the artist, this portrait is a glimpse into a precious moment of a child’s life, daydreaming and watching the world go by. It reminded her of that delicious boredom she used to experience before entering the fast paced, modern adult world.
Sofia Minson Paintings | New Zealand Artwork